※Scholarship Orientations for 2022 Spring is suspended in response to the rampant global spread of Covid-19. Please find important information here.
Those who passed the primary screening of the MEXT Scholarship (Research Students) conducted by the Japanese Embassy/Consulate and wish to study at TMU, click here.
TMU Scholarship booklet 2022 (link April 2022 Edition) is now available.
"Pre-registraion for Scholarship Application (2022)" is required when you apply for some scholarships.
For details, please click here (2022).
Financial support programs for Privately Financed International Students
|Japanese Government [MEXT] Scholarships||International Affairs Offfice||International House1, 1F|
|Japan Student Services Organization [JASSO] Honors Scholarship Program for Privately Financed International Students||International House, 1F||International House, 1F|
|Private Foundations / Public Organizations / Others||International Affairs Office||International House, 1F|
|Tuition reducation exemption||Student Affairs Section, Student Support Center||Bldg.1, 1F|
Types of Scholarship
|Types of Scholarships||Details||Pre-Registration For Scholarship Application|
|① Scholarships requiring university recommendation||When receiving the notification of a scholarship offer from a scholarship foundation, the university calls for applications. The university selects applicants to be recommended through the university’s screening. The university submits an application to the foundation only for the recommended applicants. Currently 20 foundations designate this university for recommendation.||
|② Scholarships requiring collective application by the university||When receiving the notification of an application offer from a scholarship foundation, the university calls for applications. The university collects applications of all eligible applicants and submits them collectively to the foundation. At present 7 foundations designate this university for collective application.||
|③ Honors Scholarship for Privately Financed International Students||This scholarship is provided by the Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO) for privately financed international students. The university selects applicants to be recommended through the university’s screening.||
|④ Japanese Government(MEXT） Scholarship Program (Domestic Selection)||This program aims to take up privately financed international students studying in this university for the Japanese government scholarship. The university selects a few applicants to be recommended to the MEXT through the university’s screening of application documents and interview.||
⑤ Scholarships requiring direct application
Scholarships require each applicant to submit an application directly to the scholarship foundations. For a list of such foundations, see JASSO’s pamphlet “Scholarships for International Students in Japan.” The pamphlet on PDF can be downloaded from the JASSO’s website.
- 〇For details about "Pre-registraion for Scholarship Application" , click here.
- 〇For details about " Japanese Government (MEXT） Scholarship Program" , please click here .
- 〇For details about "Honors Scholarship for Privately Financed International Students", please click here.
- 〇Please note that even with a university recommendation, nominees are not always granted a scholarship because scholarship organizations themselves select the recipient(s) in their final screening.
- 〇You may be required to undergo a medical examination when applying for a scholarship. The University Health Services Office issues medical certificates to students who undergo medical examinations at the university.
- 〇You may be required to submit academic results from your home country when you apply for a scholarship. In some cases the original transcripts may be required. Please obtain a sufficient number of copies and make sure you leave enough time to prepare these documents.
- 〇If any false information is found in an application form, the nomination or provision of the scholarship will be denied.