International House is used for academic exchange programs and as accommodation for international researchers and international students of TMU, and is intended to be conducive to the advancement of international exchange in research and education at TMU.
Accommodation in International House
International House provides rooms for international researchers and rooms for international students (master’s and doctoral).
1. Accommodation for international students (master’s and doctoral)
We call for applications from international students regularly (around the autumn of each year for the following academic year accommodation) and additionally when vacancies occur. Application, room occupancy and other related information will be provided through the academic affairs sections of faculty/graduate schools and on our webpage “News & Topics,” or you may contact the International Affairs Office. E-mail: ih-syukuhaku*jmj.tmu.ac.jp (Please replace * with @), TEL: 042-677-3001, Ext. 5720.
When a resident desires to extend the period of occupancy, the resident is required to submit a new application at the regular application time. Please note that even if the application satisfies the conditions, the extension is not always given.
2. Accommodation for international researchers
Please clickhere for "International House Accommodation for international researchers Facility & User Guide"
- (1) Provisional reservation
- Make a provisional reservation more than one month before your scheduled check-in after contacting the International Affairs Office by telephone or other means to check room availability. (Contact: International Affairs Office; E-mail: ih-syukuhaku*jmj.tmu.ac.jp (Please replace * with @), Tel. 042-677-4958 ext. 5720).
- (2) Submission of Application for Accommodation Form
- At least one month before your scheduled check-in, complete an Application for Accommodation and submit it to the International Affairs Office.
- (3) Sending of a Letter of Permission for Accommodation
- The International Affairs Office will send a Letter of Permission to your host faculty. (Please consult with the reception staff of International House about move-in before you check in.)
- (4) Check-In
- Please pick up the key at the front desk on the day you enter. As a general rule, Entry and exit is only allowed on weekdays, and entry is requested by 3:00 p.m.
The following documents must be submitted to the front desk upon entering the room.
・All entrants: Notification of Check-In, Letter of Consent, written pledge for Network
・Entrants whose length of stay is less than one month: In addition to the above documents, please submit Notification of Check-Out
- (5) Check-Out
- Complete a Notification of Check-Out and submit it to the reception desk of International House.
As a principle, please check out not later than 15:00.
- (6) Extension of the Period of Occupancy (maximum 2 years from initial occupancy)
- Please check with the International Office at least one month prior to the last day of the permitted period of stay to confirm if it is possible to extend the period of stay. If you are notified that an extension is available, please follow one of the following procedures. In case the extension period exceeds 10 days, please submit an Application for Extension of Period of Occupancy to International Affairs Office. When the extension period is 10 days or less, a new application is not required. Please change the date of the Notification of Check-Out and submit it.
Room rates are charged by the month. If you check in or check out in the middle of a month, you will be charged by the day. If rates change, the new rates will apply to current residents. (Only cash payment is valid. No credit cards are accepted.)
|Room rates (monthly)||Other services|
1,300yen for the first week (In a principle, rental of bedding at the beginning of stay is charged.) +140yen per day thereafter
(Towel, soap, shampoo, conditioner):400yen
|Single room (A)||34,660yen／month|
|Single room (B)||35,060yen／month|
Rates are as of academic year 2023.
【Use of the Internet】
Internet access using a LAN cable is available in each room.
Procedures for using exchange facilities
(conference rooms, lounge, seminar room, Japanese tea house, etc.)
From mid-July 2023 to March 2024, the International House undergo exterior wall and waterproofing work and water supply and drainage work. During the under-construction, there may be intermittent work noise. Please understand in advance.
In addition, some meeting rooms and other facilities are closed as follows;
Japanese-Tea House: November 25, 2023 – End of December, 2023
Lounge: December 15 – End of December, 2023
Small Conference room: January 29 – February 29, 2024
Depending on construction conditions, some facilities may be suspended outside of these dates.
- 1. Provisional reservation
- At least two weeks before intended use, contact the reception desk of International House by telephone or other means to confirm availability and make a provisional reservation by E-mail. Please note that reservations can only be made by faculty and staff members.
(Contact: International House reception desk, Tel. 042-677-3001 ext. 5710 E-mail. kaikan*tmu.ac.jp (replace * with @))
- 2. Submission of Application for Permission to Use Facilities
- At least 2 weeks before intended use of facilities, please complete the form Application for Permission to Use Facilities and submit it via e-mail to the reception desk of International House. （E-mail：kaikan*tmu.ac.jp）[replace * with @]
When using more than one time, please attach the schedule table Schedule table (for attachment).
When you wish to use the facilities on a weekend or holiday, please attach the form Statement of reasons for use on holidays and off-hours.
Notes on using the lounge
The entrance to the International Affairs Office, Conference Room, and Japanese tea house is a passageway.
Desks, chairs, and exhibits cannot be placed there. Please be aware of this.
- 3. Sending of Utilization Permission
- The reception desk of International House will e-mail a Letter of Permission to the applicant.
- 4. During use
- Please notify the reception desk of International House before using. To use the facilities on a weekend or holiday, please consult with the reception desk beforehand and obtain a key and any other necessary items.
List of equipment provided in large and small conference rooms (in Japanese)
- 5. After use
- After returning the room to the original state, return the key and any other borrowed items to the reception desk.
Forms for Accommodation
- 〇Application for Accommodation(PDF / Word)
- 〇Notification of Check-In(PDF / Word)
- 〇Letter of Consent(PDF / Word)
- 〇Written Pledge for Network(PDF)
- 〇Application for Extension of Period of Occupancy(PDF / Word)
- 〇Application for Resident’s Family Accommodation(PDF / Word)
- 〇Notification of Check-Out(PDF / Word)
Forms for Exchange Facilities
- 〇Regarding accommodations reservations and permission
- 〇Regarding International House administration
International Relations Section
International Affairs office
(Tel.) 042-677-4958 Ext. 5720
(Hours) 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Mon.-Fri.
(Replace * with @)
- 〇Regarding your stay (check-in through check-out)
- 〇Regarding reservation, application, and utilization of exchange facilities
Reception Desk, International House
(Tel.) 042-677-3001 Ext. 5710
(Hours) 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM, Mon.-Fri.
(Replace * with @)
International House Address
1-3 Minamiosawa, Hachioji-City, Tokyo 192-0364