Japanese Academic Writing Support
The International Center at Tokyo Metropolitan University provides a range of support in academic Japanese writing for non-native and native Japanese speaking students. This tutorial service is intended to help students prepare for academic Japanese writing assignments and become better writers. It is not meant to provide guidance on the specific content of the writing. Supporting Staffs are all Japanese graduate students at Tokyo Metropolitan University that have undergone training. The location is Room 231 on the second floor of the International House on the Minami-osawa Campus. Please make an appointment beforehand (see “How to make an appointment” below for details). You may receive same-day support without an appointment if there are no prior appointments during a given time slot.
Room 231, International House 2F, Minami - Osawa
- Session times
Clickhere for the schedule of open hours for this semester
Paper/writing we support
Presentation script etc written in Japanese
How to make an appointment
◎ By appointment booking webpage “Reserva.”
- Access the following website: https://reserva.be/tmuaws2017
- Select your preferred date and time from the session slots shown.
- Click 「予約を進める」and select 「連絡先を直接入力する」. *No registration needed.
- Enter all necessary information, and click 「完了する」 to submit your “Appointment Request.”
- You will be informed by e-mail when your request has been confirmed. Please visit the room at the appointed time shown.
Walk-in session is also available if there are no prior appointments on that day. Please come to the room 231 during open hours and make an appointment in person.
■■■Information regarding appointments■■■
- Appointments can be made online from a week before until 12:00 noon on the preceding day.
Note that the appointment requests made after the deadline will not be confirmed.
- For a walk-in session, please come to the room in person during the open hours and make an appointment. (Your session will be scheduled for an available slot.)
- You can reserve up to two sessions per week. However, you cannot reserve two sessions on the same day.
- Sessions are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis, with students making prior-appointments being given priority.
- Do not forget to put your e-mail address when you make an appointment.
- If you wish to cancel an appointment you have made, please go to the Reserva's page again, from the email you have received, and click “Cancel.”
Academic writing support sessions
- Sessions are one-on-one. One session is 50 minutes, and as a general rule each student is limited to one session per day.
- Advice on your Japanese writing (papers, reports, etc.) will be given orally in Japanese.
- When visiting, please bring two copies of the writing (for you and your instructor) you wish to review.
- You may not request a specific advisor.
- Proofreading by a native Japanese speaker is available.
★If you are more than 10 minutes late for an appointment you have made, the session will be canceled.
★If you are unable to attend a session you have applied for, be absolutely sure to contact us.