Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship for 2021 Research Students Embassy Recommendation
Applicants who have passed the First Screening of the 2021 MEXT Scholarship (Research Student) conducted by the Embassy/Consulate General of Japan in their home countries and will be able to apply for issuing the Letter of Provisional Acceptance from TMU.
Japanese Embassies and Consular Offices (MOFA)
Only applicants who have passed the preliminary screening conducted by their Japanese embassy or consular general and wish to enroll in TMU should contact the International Affairs Office.
１．Look for a prospective supervisor.
２．Request for issuance of a Letter of Provisional Acceptance.
Send the following required documents, in PDF attached to an email, to the International Affairs Office. Please be sure that all of the documents reach us no later than November 20 2020.
- Ⅰ.Application for Provisional Letter of Acceptance (Excel data)
- Ⅱ.A copy of passing certificate of the primary screening issued by Japanese Embassy or Consulate General in your country
- Ⅲ.Application documents for Japanese Embassy (Ⅳ－Ⅻ)
Copies of following documents with the seal of Japanese Embassy or Consulate General
- Ⅳ.Application Form
- Ⅴ.Field of Study and Research Plan
- Ⅵ.Certified grade transcript for each academic year from the last university attended
- Ⅶ.Graduation certificate or degree certificate of the last university attended
- Ⅷ.Recommendation from the president/dean or the adviser of the last university attended or the university currently attending
- Ⅸ.Abstracts of thesis(only if submitted to the diplomatic mission)
- Ⅹ.Certificate of language proficiency (only if submitted to the diplomatic mission)
- Ⅺ.Recommendation letter from the present employer (only if submitted to the diplomatic mission)
Photograph(s) showing applicant's own works of art or a digitally recorded media of musical performance (only if submitted to the diplomatic mission)
３．Screening by graduate schools
４．Notification of the Result
The International Affairs Office will inform you of the results by email. Relatively, it takes about 2-3 weeks to get issued. Please ask your local Japanese Embassy about the deadline for submission of the Letter of Acceptance. Be sure to apply for the letter well ahead of time considering the deadline set by the local Japanese embassies.
Following graduate schools require Japanese language proficiency.
・Graduate School of Humanities: Adequate Japanese language proficiency for taking courses taught in Japanese.
・Graduate School of Law and Politics: Adequate Japanese language proficiency for taking courses taught in Japanese.
・Graduate School of Management: High-level Japanese language proficiency for taking the Business courses taught in Japan.
International Affairs Office
Tokyo Metropolitan University
1-1 Minami-Osawa, Hachioji-shi, Tokyo
(Put @ into the above e-mail address instead of ※)