International House is used for academic exchange programs and as accommodation for international researchers and international students of TMU, and is intended to be conducive to the advancement of international exchange in research and education at TMU.
Accommodation in International House
International House provides rooms for international researchers and rooms for international students (master’s and doctoral).
- 1. Accommodation for international students (master’s and doctoral)
- We call for applications from international students regularly (around the autumn of each year for the following academic year accommodation) and additionally when vacancies occur. Application, room occupancy and other related information will be provided through the academic affairs sections of faculty/graduate schools and on our webpage “News & Topics,” or you may contact the International Affairs Office. E-mail: ih-syukuhaku*jmj.tmu.ac.jp (Please replace * with @), TEL: 042-677-3001, Ext. 5720.
When a resident desires to extend the period of occupancy, the resident is required to submit a new application at the regular application time. Please note that even if the application satisfies the conditions, the extension is not always given.
- 2. Accommodation for international researchers
- Please click here for "International House Accommodation for international researchers Facility & User Guide"
- (1) Provisional reservation
- Make a provisional reservation more than one month before your scheduled check-in after contacting the International Affairs Office by telephone or other means to check room availability. (Contact: International Affairs Office; E-mail: ih-syukuhaku*jmj.tmu.ac.jp (Please replace * with @), Tel. 042-677-4958 ext. 5720).
- (2) Submission of Application for Accommodation Form
- At least one month before your scheduled check-in, complete an Application for Accommodation and submit it to the International Affairs Office.
- (3) Sending of a Letter of Permission for Accommodation
- The International Affairs Office will send a Letter of Permission to your host faculty. (Please consult with the reception staff of International House about move-in before you check in.)
- (4) Check-In
- At check-in, please receive a key, and submit a Notification of Check-In signed by the resident and a Letter of Consent signed by the host faculty at the reception desk of International House.
As a rule, new residents should check in only on weekdays.
As a principle, please check in not later than 15:00.
- (5) Check-Out
- Complete a Notification of Check-Out and submit it to the reception desk of International House.
As a principle, please check out not later than 15:00.
- (6)Extension of the Period of Occupancy (maximum 2 years from initial occupancy)
- After consulting with the International Affairs Office, please submit an Application for Extension of Stay (when extending your stay for less than 20 days) or an Application for Extension of Period of Occupancy (when extending your stay for 20 days or more) to the International Affairs Office. Please note that such applications are subject to review, therefore permission may not be always given.
Room rates are charged by the month. If you check in or check out in the middle of a month, you will be charged by the day. If rates change, the new rates will apply to current residents. (Only cash payment is valid. No credit cards are accepted.)
|Room rates (monthly)
1,100yen for the first week
(In a principle, rental of bedding at the beginning of stay is charged.)
+120yen per day thereafter
(Towel, soap, shampoo, conditioner):350yen
|Single room (A)
|Single room (B)
Rates are as of academic year 2018.
【Use of the Internet】
Internet access using a LAN cable is available in each room.
Procedures for using exchange facilities
(conference rooms, lounge, study room, seminar room, Japanese tea house, etc.)
- 1. Provisional reservation
- At least one week before intended use, contact the reception desk of International House by telephone or other means to confirm availability and make a provisional reservation.(Contact: International House reception desk, Tel. 042-677-3001 ext. 5710)
- 2. Submission of Application for Permission to Use Facilities
- At least one week before intended use of the facilities, complete an Application for Permission to Use Facilities (in Japanese) form and submit it to the reception desk of International House. When using more than one time, please attach the schedule table. The schedule table (for attachment) can be used.
When you wish to use the facilities on a weekend or holiday, please fill in the reason for use and other information on the form distributed at the reception desk of International House.
- 3. Sending of Utilization Permission
- The reception desk of International House will send a Letter of Permission to the applicant directly.
- 4. During use
- Please notify the reception desk of International House before using. To use the facilities on a weekend or holiday, please consult with the reception desk beforehand and obtain a key and any other necessary items.
List of equipment provided in large and medium conference rooms (in Japanese)
- 5. After use
- After returning the room to the original state, return the key and any other borrowed items to the reception desk.
Forms for Accommodation
- Application for Accommodation(PDF / Word)
- Notification of Check-In(PDF / Word)
- Letter of Consent(PDF / Word)
- Application for Extension of Period of Occupancy(PDF / Word)
- Application for Resident’s Family Accommodation(PDF / Word)
- Notification of Check-Out(PDF / Word)
- Application for Extension of Stay(PDF / Word)
Forms for Exchange Facilities
- Application for Permission to Use Facilities(PDF / Word)
- Schedule table（for attachment）(PDF / Excel)
- Statement of Reasons for Weekend Use(PDF / Excel)
- Regarding accommodations reservations and permission
- Regarding International House administration
International Relations Section
International Affairs office
(Tel.) 042-677-4958 Ext. 5720
(Hours) 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Mon.-Fri.
(Replace * with @)
- Regarding your stay (check-in through check-out)
- Regarding reservation, application, and utilization of exchange facilities
Reception Desk, International House
(Tel.) 042-677-3001 Ext. 5710
(Hours) 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM, Mon.-Fri.
(Replace * with @)