Tokyo Metropolitan University Co-Tutorial Program
This is a program that Tokyo Metropolitan University (TMU) promotes co-tutorial studies with international partner institutions with the purpose to undertake joint supervision of a research project and dissertation of postgraduate students enrolling in each institution under the program based on mutual international academic co-operation.
Process from preparation to completion of the program (for example)
- Coordination between TMU and the partner institution
- Concluding an international academic exchange agreement between TMU and the partner institution
- Selection of eligible outbound and inbound students by both of the academic instructors of TMU and the partner institution
- Formulation of joint supervision plan by both of the academic instructors of TMU and the partner institution
- Final decision on outbound and inbound participating students at TMU and the partner institution
- Commencement of the joint supervision of the research project
- Bilateral examination of the dissertation by both of the academic advisors of TMU and the partner institution
- Conferment of a diploma TMU confers a diploma on the TMU postgraduate student participating in the co-tutorial program and a certificate on the student of the partner institution.